FRIENDS IN SPORTFISHING™
RELEASE OF LIABILITY, WAIVER OF CLAIMS, ASSUMPTION OF RISKS AND INDEMNITY
THIS IS A BINDING LEGAL AGREEMENT. BY SIGNING THIS DOCUMENT YOU GIVE UP
IMPORTANT LEGAL RIGHTS. PLEASE READ CAREFULLY AND SIGN.
In consideration of my participation or the participant’s participation in any program, activity or event sponsored,
organized, promoted or held, directly or indirectly, by FRIENDS IN SPORTFISHING™ or its affiliates, I hereby
warrant and agree as follows:
1. I am the participant or guardian/power of attorney of the participant having full legal responsibility for
decisions regarding the participant.
2. I acknowledge that I am aware of the risks, dangers and hazards associated with or related to the sport of
fishing and all related activities that may result in personal injury, death, property damage, expense and
related loss to myself or the participant.
3. I understand and agree that the risks and hazards of sport fishing include, but are not limited to injuries as a
result of: entering and exiting the pontoon boat; spending extended times in the pontoon boat; water
conditions such as currents, waves, water temperature and water clarity; physical contact with other
participants while in the pontoon boat; the use of all equipment used in the exercise of sport fishing;
psychological factors such as anxiety; changing weather conditions; dehydration and/or fatigue; and
negligence of other participants.
4. I am familiar with and accept that there is the risk of serious injury and death in participation in the sport of
5. I have satisfied myself and believe that the participant is physically, emotionally and mentally able to
participate in this event, and that his/her equipment is mechanically fit for his/her use in this event.
6. I understand that all applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures of Friends in Sportfishing™
(which can be found at www.friendsinsportfishing.net) for participation must be followed and that at all
times the sole responsibility for personal safety remains with the participant.
7. I understand that the use of the facilities and equipment provided for by Friends in Sportfishing™ and its
affiliates are to be used in a manner consistent with their intended use and application and for no other or
8. I understand that the participant has sole responsibility for their personal possessions and equipment during
the Friends in Sportfishing™ event and its related activities.
9. I further acknowledge and understand that insurance coverage is not provided for this event and that I am
responsible to obtain my own personal accident insurance coverage should I wish to be eligible for accident
benefits that are in excess of those currently covered through my provincial or private health insurance
10. I am aware that photos of guests may be taken during trips. I grant full permission to Friends in Sportfishing™ to use the photos on their website, social media channels, and other promotional materials.
part of the organizations website.
I UNDERSTAND AND AGREE ON BEHALF OF THE PARTICIPANT, HIS/HER HEIRS, ASSIGNS,
PERSONAL REPRESENTATIVES, NEXT OF KIN, MYSELF, MY HEIRS, ASSIGNS, PERSONAL
REPRESENTATIVES AND NEXT OF KIN THAT MY EXECUTION OF THIS DOCUMENT
1. AN UNQUALIFIED ASSUMPTION OF ALL RISKS associated with participation in this event by myself
or the participant even if arising from negligence or gross negligence of Friends in Sportfishing™ and/or its
affiliates, including each of their respective directors, officers, representatives, agents and employees, and
any instructors, officials, volunteers, organizers, agents, sponsors, funding partners, and owners/operators
of Friends in Sportfishing™ and its affiliates, (collectively the “Released Parties”).
2. A FULL AND FINAL RELEASE AND WAIVER OF LIABILITY AND ALL CLAIMS that I or the
participant have or may in the future have against the Released Parties from any and all liability for any
loss, damage, injury, expense or death that me or the participant may suffer as a result of participation in
any program, activity or event sponsored, organized, promoted or held, directly or indirectly, by Friends in
Sportfishing™ or its affiliates, due to any cause whatsoever, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO,
NEGLIGENCE OF THE RELEASED PARTIES, WHETHER PASSIVE OR ACTIVE, BREACH OF
CONTRACT, OR BREACH OF ANY STATUTORY OR OTHER DUTY OF CARE, INCLUDING ANY
DUTY OF CARE OWED UNDER THE RELEVANT OCCUPIERS LIABILITY ACT OR ANY OTHER
RELEVANT STATUTES, AND NOTWITHSTANDING that the loss may have been contributed to or
occasioned by the negligence, including gross negligence, of any one or more of the Released Parties.
3. AN AGREEMENT NOT TO SUE THE RELEASED PARTIES for any loss, injury, costs or damages of
any form or type, howsoever caused or arising, and whether directly or indirectly from the participation of
myself or the participant in any program, activity or event sponsored, organized, promoted or held, directly
or indirectly, by Friends in Sportfishing™ or its affiliates.
4. AN AGREEMENT TO INDEMNIFY, and to SAVE and HOLD HARMLESS the Released Parties, and
each of them, from any litigation expense, legal fees, liability, damage, award or cost, of any form or type
whatsoever, they may incur due to any claim made against them or any one of them whether the claim is
based on the negligence or the gross negligence of the Released Parties or otherwise.
5. AN ACKNOWLEDGMENT that I HAVE READ THIS DOCUMENT THOROUGHLY.
I HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THIS AGREEMENT AND I AM AWARE THAT BY SIGNING THIS
AGREEMENT I AM WAIVING CERTAIN SUBSTANTIAL LEGAL RIGHTS WHICH THE
PARTICIPANT, HIS/HER HEIRS, NEXT OF KIN, EXECUTORS, ADMINISTRATORS AND ASSIGNS
AND I, MY HEIARS, NEXT OF KIN, EXECUTORS, ADMINISTRATOS AND ASSIGNS MAY HAVE
AGAINST THE RELEASED PARTIES.
I SIGN THIS DOCUMENT VOLUNTARILY AND WITHOUT INDUCEMENT.
Signature of participant or
Guardian/Power of Attorney of participant
Printed name of participant or Guardian/Power
of Attorney of the participant
Signature of Witness
Printed name of Witness